Node-red-contrib-smartlifeair - Devices found but no Input available

Hello,

I would like to control Smartplugs (2 different brands) using node-red-contrib-smartlifeair. The Device node can login with my SmartLife Air account correctly, so I can see my devices accordingly but I can't find a way to control them because there are no input available as you can see on the following picture:

I'm able to control smart plugs within SmartLife Air app on my iPhone by the way.
All my smart plugs are on the last firmware version and Raspberry pi has been updated yesterday.

Any idea?

I gave up on this approach to controlling smart devices as it's just too hit and miss as to what works and what doesn't

I'm willing to change brand if there is a proof of concept somewhere. I can see that Tp-Link Tapo model P100 & P105 seems to work with node-red-contrib-tplink-tapo-connect-api
If someone got success with this, please let me know, I'll buy some to test.

If you look at Sonoff S31s you can flash those with Tasmota and then control them with simple MQTT commands.

That is doable but seems a lot of work with onboard soldering and the need of a Zigbee USB to serial dongle as I can figure it. I have 12 devices I want to operate, so I was thinking of an easy bundle-with-contrib node that would have been built for that purpose. I keep your solution in mind however, that could be the only one that works for me! Thanks.

I think that you were looking at the Lite version. That is zigbee. The non-LIie version is WiFi. No need for a dongle.

Also, they can be flashed over the air (OTA)

Oh! that sounds good, I'll do some research on that non-Lite version. Thanks again.

Some people says that OTA flashing will only works if you already have manually installed Tasmota. Can you point out to me on Amazon or somewhere else to a link where I can find the specific product proven that can be updated over the air, you are talking about? That would be appreciated, I just don't want to buy another plug for nothing. Thanks.

Go to the DigiblurDIY discord. You will find all of the info and help you need there. Tons of info and people to help.

Also check out DigiblurDIY Youtube channel. I know there will be a video talking exactly about this.

I would suggest using shelly devices, maybe a shell 1 pm in a shelly button, you can then wire them into the power leads. Shelly's are great local devices and use http and mqtt and are reasonably priced. Then no fuss flashing (KISS)

I'll look at doc, thanks again!

Thanks for that other avenue, I'll have a look.

Be careful with Shelly devices They push the line voltage to the switch contacts. Whereas Sonoff does not.

I have never had a Shelly fail, and I have install hundreds, so i don't get what your issue is.

It is not an issue of failure. If you make use of the Shelly switch ports, just know that they are at 110v in the US. They are NOT low voltage. So you need to use a switch that can handle line voltage.

What switch are you on about The shelly button is the switch and designed for line voltage, or you use a house light switch again mains voltage, in UK 240v with no issues also the shelly can be run at 12v 24v 60v dc. Again i see no issue. I would add if you miss wire a shelly switch terminal there is no issue it just wont work, If you miss wire a sonoff mini and accidently put mains on switch terminals, you can throw the mini in the bin.

I will try once more to explain. The Shelly 1 for example puts line voltage on the local switch connections when using line voltage. The Sonoff puts low voltage on the local switch connections when using line voltage. All I am trying to express is to be careful when installing a local switch and make sure you use a switch that can handle line voltage when using the Shelly1. For the same application with a Sonoff you can use a non-line voltage switch, like a button or something similar because of the low voltage.

I understood what you where saying I just don't agree it is an issue. You can run shelly at 12v and use a 12v rated switch, Again I see no issue.

I never said there was any issue. Please reread my post. I just cautioned about the line voltage. I too have used Shellys.