Node-red Deployment Error - No Space!

Hello Everyone, I am running node-red on a raspberry pi and I am getting this error while trying to deploy a flow.

"enospc: no space left on device, copyfile '/home/pi/.node-red/flows.json' -> '/home/pi/.node-red/.flows.json.backup'"}

I am guessing some temporary files have filled it up but I am unable to resolve the issue.

typing df -h into the console brings back:

pi@tunnel:~ $ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 12G 12G 0 100% /
devtmpfs 776M 0 776M 0% /dev
tmpfs 937M 0 937M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 937M 8.6M 928M 1% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 937M 0 937M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p6 253M 49M 204M 20% /boot
tmpfs 188M 0 188M 0% /run/user/1000
tmpfs 188M 0 188M 0% /run/user/109

This looks like /dev/root is full but I am unsure how to proceed. Can anyone help?

You need a bigger SD card or need to clean off a lot of what you have on your existing one.

Start by shutting down the Pi, remove the SD card and make a backup of it on a different computer. There are lots of websites telling you how to copy your SD card to a new one.

If you can make a network connection to the Pi, I would copy the /home/pi/.node-red folder to an external device. that way you will

1 Like

You have 12GB of room on the partition, which means you have used a vast amount up somehow. Start by doing
sudo apt autoremove
sudo apt clean
which might give you some space to get started.
Then try
sudo ncdu /
which, if it is already installed, will take quite a time scanning the card and then will tell you where all the space is. If it says ncdu is not installed, then if the commands above released a couple of hundred k then you should be able to install it and then run it
sudo apt install ncdu
Once you know where all the space is used up you can delete it.
Make sure you have anything important backed up first though.

2 Likes

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.