Node-red doesn't run anymore

hello
node-red doesn't run any more , it closes the connection automatically , this is what i got :
at Flow.start (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\red\runtime\nodes\flows\Flow.js:8 9:35) at start (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\red\runtime\nodes\flows\index.js:328:2 9) at tryCatchReject (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePro mise.js:845:30) at runContinuation1 (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makeP romise.js:804:4) at Fulfilled.when (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePro mise.js:592:4) at Pending.run (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePromis e.js:483:13) at Scheduler._drain (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\Sched uler.js:62:19) at Scheduler.drain (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\Schedu ler.js:27:9) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:61:11) While constructing LEDNode widget: TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null at C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\ui.js:437:69 at find (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\ui.js:399:13) at addControl (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\ui.js:437:24) at Object.add (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\ui.js:133:18) at addWidget (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\index.js:108:15) at Object.addWidget (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-dashboard\index.js:115:20) at new LEDNode (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-ui-led\led.js:36:28) at createNode (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\red\runtime\nodes\flows\Flow.js:3 05:18) at Flow.start (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\red\runtime\nodes\flows\Flow.js:8 9:35) at start (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\red\runtime\nodes\flows\index.js:328:2 9) at tryCatchReject (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePro mise.js:845:30) at runContinuation1 (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makeP romise.js:804:4) at Fulfilled.when (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePro mise.js:592:4) at Pending.run (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\makePromis e.js:483:13) at Scheduler._drain (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\Sched uler.js:62:19) at Scheduler.drain (C:\Users\PC-Démonstrateur\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\when\lib\Schedu ler.js:27:9) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:61:11) 18 Jul 13:12:47 - [info] Started flows 18 Jul 13:12:47 - [info] [mqtt-broker:c0af7385.22f47] Connected to broker: mqtt://localhost:1883 18 Jul 13:12:47 - [info] [mqtt-broker:c4fd2c57.ef7fc] Connected to broker: mqtt://localhost:1883

1 Like

it's my internship project : please help

Can you paste the whole startup log here. (so we can see which version of nodejs node-red and the dashboard you are using). Please read the following post How to share code or flow json on how to format your post.

1 Like

it doesn"t work anymore , that's what im getting now ....idk what's the problem ?

18 Jul 13:28:20 - [info] Node-RED version: v0.19.6
18 Jul 13:28:20 - [info] Node.js version: v10.2.1
18 Jul 13:28:20 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.17134 x64 LE
18 Jul 13:28:21 - [info] Loading palette nodes
18 Jul 13:28:23 - [warn] rpi-gpio : Raspberry Pi specific node set inactive
18 Jul 13:28:23 - [info] Dashboard version 2.13.2 started at /ui

1 Like

Theres a problem with the LEDnode widget you are using.

But because you aren't using the latest version of node-RED you can't use the --safe mode option.
You can either go back to the previous flows deployed ( saved in your .node-red folder)
or you can try to upgrade to v0.20.x of Node-RED when you would be able to use the --safe mode

You should also open an issue on the LEDnode you are using to inform the author of the trouble (paste the logs that you pasted here,

1 Like

i just fixed the problem now!
i deleted the flow .json file in the directory because it has a backup file, then i renamed the backup file like the one that i have deleted, its running now , but i don't advice any one to do that , if you didn't export/save it

Which was the advice, and the recommended way to do it before v0.20

Now would be a good time to upgrade Node-RED and the dashboard to newer versions, after you have opened an issue on the nodes github page (otherwise the author isn't going to know ...)

1 Like

yes i see , thank you dear for your time
i will open it today

Hi guys,

I got this same error here with an updated Node-Red 1.3.5:

It looks like it is not related to the LED node, but rather the uitable.
@Christian-Me Is your plugin not supporting Node red in newer version? I cannot imagine you would do that to us.. :slight_smile:

All node in my palette are up-to-date and my oldish node-red (version 1.2.9) has been properly restarted after the update.

Is there anyway I can get the newer Node-Red (1.3.5) started without that error? Sorry, I'm no plugin developer so I don't know much about debugging nodes in a starting-up node red.

Any help would be much appreciated.

First, ui-table is not "my" plugin I only provided the ui_control stuff - somehow it sticks on me doing some support around this ui-table.

I'm running on node-red 1.2.9 and 1.3.4 without any problems.
so I updated my dev machine from 1.2.9 to 1.3.5 (latest) without any problems running dashboard 2.28.2
So I updated that to latest 2.28.3 and no problems too.
I rebooted everything and still works fine.

Looking into the code I cant find any references reading the property id from any variable / object but this has not much to say as try / catch error messages are sometimes difficult to trach down on different Environments.

Hard (for me) to track this down as I can't reproduce your error. Can it be that your flow.json is not as it should be? Perhaps start in --safe mode and see if there are any nodes looking not right. Or start with an fresh flow json to check your problem are related to your flow or node-red in general.

Sorry not to provide more help but up to now I was lucky never had to troubleshoot these kind of errors.

Have you got the table in a disabled group?

Haha, I see. Well, glad to hear it is working then! Sorry to bother you with that / and thanks for your reply

I will try it with safe mode and/or a blank flow.json and see how it goes.

Yes! I had many ui_table nodes from various tutorials/examples disabled (since they would otherwise lead to rendering tabs on the node-red menu)

After re-enabling (or deleting them) I have deployed the changes, however the issue remains. I'm still looking through all my flows.

1 Like

I just double checked. It was indeed from the ui_table example that I've disabled :wink:

As you can see in the properties of that node "Property" and "Title" is set to id.
Maybe there's a small blurriness in the code of ui_table.. (@Christian-Me: I avoided "your" :wink: )

Offtopic: However, my new Node-Red version still does not want to start, but this time there are no errors on the log. I'm probably missing some detail somewhere after building my custom docker image (I need Node Red with a Node.js version >= 12). But I'll dive into those problems another evening.

Wish you all a good start into next week!
Cheers,
Marcel

Could you submit an issue describing the problem please so it will get looked at. You can do that at Issues · node-red/node-red-ui-nodes · GitHub

Then others will not be caught by this.
Thanks

Ok, now I have an idea what could be going on - as my (!) demo flow seams reveal a possible bug in code I (!) contributed a long time ago :grimacing:
As @Colin mentioned please submit an issue on github

1 Like

Sure, I'll do that tomorrow, mates

I suspected it might be due to the disabled group as I submitted a similar issue against ui-led recently.

Than it seams that this issue is perhaps better placed at the dashboard as any ui-node should be engaged at all if the node is disabled (?).
I looked into the code and can't find anything wrong ... (except perhaps checking if config is undefined. Nodes expect that the config is at least defined) (but here my knowledge is limited)