Node-red-node-arduino 0.3.1

Hi,
Pi3b
nr 0.19.4;
node v8.11.1
npm v6.4.1

Yes I know its ancient, but the set up been working well with broadlink node for my home automation for ages, so never bother to upgrade. (I do have another Pi with more up to date nr for tinkering)

I dusted off the Pi3b the other day and was playing with some servo connected with the node-red-node-arduino. I thought I will update the arduino node via the palette, and now I get "Flows stopped due to missing node types -arduino board." on the palette it has a warning " * Missing serialport dependency"

So:

1. how do fix this dependcy for the node-red-node-arduino

2. If not possible how do I revert to the old version that works.

3. how do I get the other flows to start, so my HA works, as all flows have stopped (edit I solved this by deleting the node in the configuration node)

Thanks,

In a terminal go into your .node-red folder and run
npm remove node-red-node-arduino
then install it again
npm install --unsafe-perm node-red-node-arduino

If that doesn't end with an OK message telling which version has been installed then post the full output here.
If it installed ok then restart node-red.

Hi Colin,
Did as you suggested and it works, although I dont understand whats happening as there are some warnings in the log:
pi@raspberrypi:~/.node-red $ npm install --unsafe-perm node-red-node-arduino

@serialport/bindings@8.0.8 install /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/@serialport/bindings
prebuild-install --tag-prefix @serialport/bindings@ || node-gyp rebuild

prebuild-install WARN install No prebuilt binaries found (target=8.11.1 runtime=node arch=arm libc= platform=linux)
make: Entering directory '/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build'
CXX(target) Release/obj.target/bindings/src/serialport.o
CXX(target) Release/obj.target/bindings/src/serialport_unix.o
CXX(target) Release/obj.target/bindings/src/poller.o
CXX(target) Release/obj.target/bindings/src/serialport_linux.o
SOLINK_MODULE(target) Release/obj.target/bindings.node
COPY Release/bindings.node
make: Leaving directory '/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build'

serialport@8.0.8 postinstall /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/serialport
node thank-you.js

Thank you for using serialport!
If you rely on this package, please consider supporting our open collective:

Contribute - Open Collective

• node-red-node-arduino@0.3.1
    added 58 packages from 45 contributors and audited 1357 packages in 191.692s
    found 296 vulnerabilities (176 low, 24 moderate, 96 high)
    run npm audit fix to fix them, or npm audit for details

So what the difference with installing nodes with the palette (did not work in this case) vs npm install? Does the palette not invoke the same install command as npm install? Do I need to run npm audit fix?

Thanks,
Ken

You can ignore the warnings.

The palette does run basically the same command. The reason for running it via the command line was firstly to make sure it was cleanly removed, in case it had partially installed, and then installing it again. Sometimes it is easier to see what the problem is when you have the console output. Since it then installed ok something must have been in a confused state, but we will likely never know exactly what.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.