Notification Node Dialog Input field as Password

Is it possible to influence the input field in the dialog supported by the notification dialog to be of type "password" instead of "text". Meaning that the input is just shown as **** instead of readable text?

I didn't find an option for that in the help of the node!

Thanks in advance!

You can use html/javascript in the notification, there is a setting in the node config. You could then possibly create a html form with input type password

Thanks for the hint. I am able to get the password field in, let's put styling issues aside for a moment, but how could I include the content of the password field into the msg.payload sent out after clicking ok?

Or would there also be a possiblity to change the input field with the help of javascript to be of type password, which I guess would be the easiest way?

After a quick google I found this
https://paulund.co.uk/style-text-like-passwords-with-css
so you should be able to style the text field.
There are many posts on the forum about applying css to dashboard elements.

Hi thanks for your reply,

I once again tried to use the provided information, but I guess I might miss something. I created a notification node of type "Ok Cancel with Input" to get access to the value the user puts in.

And since it is a password I want the input text to be **** instead of the actual characters they type.

When I try to inject hmtl code in the payload, only the Label for the input can be adapted. How can I inject anything at this position which changes the input node?
Eg. "Please provide a password", with injected html can be "Please provide a password" so I could very much only format that single content and not the input field below right?

Is it possible to use the notification node for such a thing at all?

In case I would use a regular Dialog without an input box I could also add an input field, but what would I need to inject to be able to send the user-provided information in the input field as a message to the output of the node when the user clicks ok?

Sorry if the questions might seem low level. I am just confused how I can make use of the provided information.

Hi,

Thanks @E1cid i just figured it out with your link. I initially didn't see how this could work.

To anyone interested, here is the simple node setup:

[{"id":"e77cb200.c630b","type":"function","z":"6a5dbad.910ae44","name":"Content","func":"return { payload: '<style>input{ -webkit-text-security: disc;}</style>Please enter your password'};","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":1140,"y":300,"wires":[["1b706a81.3b20f5"]]},{"id":"1b706a81.3b20f5","type":"ui_toast","z":"6a5dbad.910ae44","position":"prompt","displayTime":"3","highlight":"","sendall":false,"outputs":1,"ok":"OK","cancel":"Cancel","raw":true,"topic":"","name":"","x":1150,"y":340,"wires":[["6fab40ac.711c"]]},{"id":"197655cb.dc703a","type":"inject","z":"6a5dbad.910ae44","name":"","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":960,"y":300,"wires":[["e77cb200.c630b"]]},{"id":"6fab40ac.711c","type":"debug","z":"6a5dbad.910ae44","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","x":1340,"y":360,"wires":[]}]
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.