Oled display bus adress

I found this palette. But it asks for a bus address. default is 60. What do I use?

Can you scan the I2C bus?

https://linux.die.net/man/8/i2cdetect

I can but the node asks for a bus address

What is the use for the output of the i2cdetect command ?

hint: to determine the bus.

1 Like

Please explain, I don't understand? I can use a command to detect the port?

What does this tell me? :smiley:

You have 5 devices on your I2C bus. Repeat the scan after disconnecting the oled display and you will know which address the display is. Re-connect and enter the address in the node.
If it works please reply as it will help others who may come across this problem.

It didn't work for me, But I use the grovepi board so maybe that is interfering?

Usually the default oled address is 3c but you can change the address to 3d on the back by moving the resistor over on the address select pads.

That is something you really should have stated in your original post!

I am sorry you are right I am new to all this

1 Like

Have you tried setting the address to 3c in the node, I think the grovepi just passes the I2C bus straight through.

I think you are right. It's not working but it's turning on and giving me all kinds of pixels

I am trying to inject: json {"size":2,"x":1,"y":1,"text":"Oled"}

This is the node help:

A node that write the inlet string with multiple of font 5x7

Payload should contain the font size (multiple of the original one in 5x7), coordinates where the string starts, and the text itself

size: msg.payload.size

abscissa: msg.payload.x

ordinate: msg.payload.y

string: msg.payload.text

Exemple: {size:2,x:1,y:1,text:"Oled"}

The OLED might need to be initialised or cleared.

I think so. You were right about the address but maybe it's also not the right library it's using.

@Dave takes the credit for that!