I would like to create a QR code scanner in the browser.
A more precise description of my use case:
- On my smartphone I am opening my node-red dashboard in a (chrome) browser.
- On that dashboard I have a button "QR-code scan".
- When I click on that button it should activate the camera of my smartphone
- The browser should then continuously scan and decode the camera video for QR codes.
- When the browser decodes a QR code it sends the decoded QR code (= string) to my node-red host machine so it can be handled as input for a node in my node-red flows.
It is important that the scanning and decoding happens in the browser on my smartphone as I don't want to send the camera videostream (or images) from my smartphone to the node-red host machine.
Most likely it will be used in a chrome browser, but a solution that supports most browsers is of course preferred.
Any advice would be appreciated.