Restore projects

Hi,

I just installed a new rpi 4b with a fresh copy of the latest node-red on the latest buster.
I copied (filecopy) the project folders from my old rpi3b but thats not enough to get the new enviroment fully operational.

I have 2 project with both two branches. What is the easiest way to get these working in my new enviroment, as i told i already copied the folders, cred files etc. and nodered works ok, but is still empty..

i dont use the github part of the projects, only local...

Look in ~/.node-red/.config.json for the projects section and copy over the entries for the projects you want to migrate.

Ok, so i have to cut and paste parts like below from the source .config.json to the new target .config.json?

"projects": {
"projects": {
"beheeromgeving": {
"credentialSecret": "XXXXX"
}
},
"activeProject": "beheeromgeving"
}

Yes. That is the config that Node-RED uses to know projects you have locally. Copy it over and restart NR.

Ok, great!
Another thing i did wrong, i imported an actual json file, but because off the missing nodes, the dashboard is gone, even after installing missing nodes. So i want to undo the import.

Do i have to manually delete all the flows, or is there are easier wayl like reset a project json file or something like that?
i think i have to put a [] in the project json file, but i am not sure...

If you want to delete everything, delete the flow file and restart NR. It will get recreated the next time you deploy.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.