Send IR/RF Commands with Broadlink RM Pro

Hello Node-Red Community,

i can't not to set a Node with IR/RF-Commands with the RM PRO with this nodes https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-broadlink-control .

I get with der Dropdown "Learning" the IR-Code from any device in a payload, but i can't not send this IR-Code with a Function-Node. I think, it is a syntax error.

in the fellow node is the solution, but the content from the nodes is not not described:

node-red-contrib-broadlink-control

What is the content in Node json and what is the syntax or commands from "set ir data".. Unfortunately that is not explained and there are no examples for it.

thank your for help!

can me anyone help? thank you

If you click the hamburger menu -> import -> examples
There are example flows included with the node, do those help ?

in the help is only this:

"Sending Commands

You can send codes directly:
msg.payload.action = 'send';
msg.payload.data = [ 38, 0, 34 .... (IR-CODE)];"

What is the content from json or the syntax from "Set IR Dat" ???

Read my comment again.

There is a flow to learn and send commands.

you are the very best!!!!!!! now works. thank you!

Hello, you wise people!

So i am trying to set up my Broadlink RM Mini 3 in Hassio / NR and am so far failing miserably.

I set up the RM using the app and got all my devices working there.

I added the RM in my Hassio "configuration.yaml" with the following lines:

remote:
  - platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.2.181
    mac: '24:DF:A7:42:DD:3F'
    type: rm_mini

...and then downloaded the node-red-contrib-broadlink-control to NR.

I searched the network with the "Discover" node and it found the Broadlink. So apparently NR an the RM are abled to talk.

Then i added the learn / send example, changed the IP and MAC, deployed and pressed inject on the "Lern" flow. Nothing happens.

I found the explanations at https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/broadlink/#using-node-red-to-obtain-codes and followed those, but again nothing.

I don't get what the "Catalog" field saying "D:/SharedData" in the Broadlink device config is for? Obviously there is no such directory on hassio, yet this seems to be ok? Or do i have to change that somehow?

Here is the example with my changes. What am I doing wrong?

[{"id":"c43d498c.a36858","type":"RM","z":"8e76f21e.e28d5","name":"Broadlink","device":"804ba076.841a8","action":"learn","remote":"","button":"","fix":"","RFSweep":"true","x":1860,"y":1260,"wires":[["562740e8.2561"]]},{"id":"669003c3.e8a81c","type":"debug","z":"8e76f21e.e28d5","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"complete":"payload","x":2190,"y":1260,"wires":[]},{"id":"562740e8.2561","type":"json","z":"8e76f21e.e28d5","name":"","property":"payload","action":"","pretty":false,"x":2010,"y":1260,"wires":[["669003c3.e8a81c"]]},{"id":"d3a9b1c6.6a2ba","type":"comment","z":"8e76f21e.e28d5","name":"Learn","info":"1. Inject\n2. Tap the remote button\n3. Copy learned code from debug tab","x":1710,"y":1220,"wires":[]},{"id":"234e320b.cea5ee","type":"inject","z":"8e76f21e.e28d5","name":"","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"str","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"x":1710,"y":1260,"wires":[["c43d498c.a36858"]]},{"id":"804ba076.841a8","type":"rmdevice","z":"","folder":"D:/SharedData","mac":"24dfa742dd3f","host":"192.168.2.181"}]

What i ultimately want is some eight different IR commands that i can trigger from within NR. So i'd end up with eight times the above shown "send code" flow and instead of the inject-nodes i'd just hook them up to my triggers, right?

Hi,

Try this:

It is in german, use just a translater. It works super with echo 2nd generation and rm pro.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

Read through it - and since i am from Switzerland the german was not even a problem - however this tutorial is not any more specific about the "learn" flow. It just tells you to "import the learn / send example flows , adjust the IP and MAC in the config, deploy and press inject - the light on the RM will light up indicating learn mode". That is exactly what i have done so far, but in my case unfortunately nothing happens...

Any ideas?

I know there is a way to obtain the codes from the e-control app, but that app request permission to basically everything on your phone, including the full media library, all personal data, call logs etc. so i dont wanna do that. Also i know there is a windows-app that can record the IR-Codes, but i dont have any windows machine available. So i figure the learn-node ist the easiest way to get those codes for me - if it was working!

Schöne Grüße in die Schweiz :slight_smile:

Der Lernmodus geht bei mir auch nicht so richtig. IR funktioniert, aber RF nicht.

Ich habe die JSON-Datei aus der Broadlink App exportiert bzw. importiert. Wie im widbasa Tutorial beschrieben. Ist etwas umständlich, aber eine andere Lösung habe ich leider bisher auch nicht gefunden.

Solltest Du eine Lösung dafür finden, würde ich mich sehr freuen, wenn ich davon erfahren könnte.

Ha - hab mich schon gewundert das hier jemand mit deutschsprachigen Tutorials daherkommt! :wink:

RF brauch ich gar nicht (bzw. der RM mini hat gar kein RF) wie hast du as IR-teaching hinbekommen? Bei mir funktioniert eben auch das nicht!

@bakman2 It seems you managed to sucesfully "learn" commands right from within NR using the learn/send examples? Could you elaborate on that?

Ich habe es auf einem RasPi installiert, nur NodeRed ohne Hassio. Vorher hatte ich paar andere Systeme getestet - u.a. FHEM und ioBroker. Lief aber irgendwie unrund. Jetzt läuft sei mehreren Monaten stabil und die Sprachbefehle reagieren extrem schnell.

Viel Erfolg.

Hm ja ich hab mir auch schon überlegt hassio rauszuwerfen und NR direkt zu installieren - Home Assistant ist in 90% der tasks unnötig kompliziert aber gleichzeitig ist das hinzufügen und verwalten von Geräten super easy, das GUI viel hübscher als bei NR und es lassen sich recht easy so Sachen wie device-pings einrichten um z.b. die Anwesenheit von Leuten anhand ihrer Mobiltelefone zu prüfen. Mit was registrierst und verwaltest du deine Geräte um sie dann an NR zur Verfügung zu stellen?

Wie ich das verwaltete? Es ist in der Anleitung, die ich vorhin mit Dir geteilt habe, sehr gut beschrieben.

Irgendjemand hat dafür schon Nodes programmiert. Diese kannst Du ganz einfach importieren. Das hast Du ja scheinbar schon gemacht, sonst wärst bist zum Learn-Problem nicht gekommen.

Mich hat die Prozedur echt viel nerven gekostet. Ich hätte auch am liebsten eine einfachere zentrale Steuerungssoftware verwendet gehabt. In Verbindung mit diesen Broadlink-Devices war es nicht so richtig befriedigend. Mit NodeRed geht es eigentlich. Ich finde es relativ mächtig. Also man kann damit auch alles abbilden.

Willst Du auch ein Amazon Echo verwenden?

Ah so alles klar, du hast alles entsprechend der Anleitung gemacht, nicht nur den teil mit Broadlink.

Ich hab in meinem System noch rund 30 Zigbee-Lampen und -Sensoren, die ich über ein RaspBee-Shield und Phoscon/Deconz intergiere, zudem Switches von WeMo und Sonoff - da ist Hassio eine verhältnismässig einfache Schnittstelle.

Amazon Echo nicht, aber ich hab in jedem Raum einen Google-Home stehen. Momentan sind die Dinger noch nicht in NR eingebunden, das steht dann aber auch irgendwann auf dem Programm - dazu hab ich mich aber noch nicht schlau gemacht.

FĂĽr diese Zigbee-Relais gibt es bestimmt auch Nodes zum Importieren. Das ist einmal ein Flow erstellen, danach ist das wahrscheinlich nur noch Copy&Paste.

Ich werde auf jeden Fall mich auf NodeRed fokussierten. Es erfĂĽllt aktuell meine Erfordernisse.

1 Like

@getcommand -wondering which Broadlink product you tested this with. Trying to find out if the RM Pro 4 will be able to learn and send 433 commands. Thanks!

I have the RM Pro, a wifi relay and a smart plug from Broadlink. that works great.

This device:

Thanks for the reply. Have you tried to learn and send 433 RF commands or just IR?