uDMX node issue

Hi. I'm having some issues with the uDMX node. Every now and again it will stop working with the following error.

10 Aug 08:38:13 - [error] [udmx:98fdcba301d48ecc] TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'open')

It requires a full reboot of my pi to get it up and running again. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

10 Aug 08:38:04 - [info] Node-RED version: v3.0.2
10 Aug 08:38:04 - [info] Node.js version: v16.19.0

Bump. So far the issue has been pretty random. Usually it will run for days without issue and then just stop working for no apparent reason. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot would be appreciated.

You did not mention the particular node, but I presume it is GitHub - smadds/node-red-contrib-udmx: A node for outputting DMX through a USB dongle.

I see you have added an issue to the nodes repository, but since no issues have been addressed for 6 years it would appear that the node has been abandoned. If you have the knowledge set then perhaps you could fork the repository and fix it yourself.

I don't know anything about the device. Is there a command line interface? If so then an alternative might be to use an Exec node to perform whatever you need to do.

Maybe look into switching to ArtNET to control DMX network as it seems like it’s a little more supported.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.