Unable to install Chatbot from Hassio add-on

I started to install the chatbot module about a month ago and ran into issues. I posted this log over on the Home Assistance forums thinking that it might be something wrong or missing with the HomeAssistant add-on, but I didn't get any responses other than a couple of other users having the same issue. To my understanding, the npm install should install all of the pre-requisites but from looking at the logs that may not be the case. Below is the log (Edit: I updated with the log from the attempt today). Please let me know if you have any ideas I'm willing to try anything. Thanks in advance.

29 Mar 13:01:09 - [info] Installing module: node-red-contrib-chatbot, version: 0.16.6
29 Mar 13:03:41 - [warn] Installation of module node-red-contrib-chatbot failed:
29 Mar 13:03:41 - [warn] ------------------------------------------
29 Mar 13:03:41 - [warn] npm WARN deprecated @types/p-cancelable@1.0.1: This is a stub types definition. p-cancelable provides its own type definitions, so you do not need this installed.
npm WARN deprecated @types/p-retry@3.0.1: This is a stub types definition. p-retry provides its own type definitions, so you do not need this installed.
npm WARN deprecated snekfetch@3.6.4: use node-fetch instead
npm WARN deprecated socks@1.1.10: If using 2.x branch, please upgrade to at least 2.1.6 to avoid a serious bug with socket data flow and an import issue introduced in 2.1.0
node-pre-gyp WARN Using request for node-pre-gyp https download
node-pre-gyp WARN Tried to download(404): https://node-precompiled-binaries.grpc.io/grpc/v1.19.0/node-v64-linux-arm-musl.tar.gz
node-pre-gyp WARN Pre-built binaries not found for grpc@1.19.0 and node@10.14.2 (node-v64 ABI, musl) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)
gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: not found: make
gyp ERR! stack at getNotFoundError (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/which/which.js:13:12)
gyp ERR! stack at F (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/which/which.js:68:19)
gyp ERR! stack at E (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/which/which.js:80:29)
gyp ERR! stack at /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/which/which.js:89:16
gyp ERR! stack at /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/isexe/index.js:42:5
gyp ERR! stack at /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/isexe/mode.js:8:5
gyp ERR! stack at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:154:21)
gyp ERR! System Linux 4.4.50
gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "build" "--fallback-to-build" "--library=static_library" "--module=/config/node-red/node_modules/grpc/src/node/extension_binary/node-v64-linux-arm-musl/grpc_node.node" "--module_name=grpc_node" "--module_path=/config/node-red/node_modules/grpc/src/node/extension_binary/node-v64-linux-arm-musl" "--napi_version=3" "--node_abi_napi=napi" "--napi_build_version=0" "--node_napi_label=node-v64"
gyp ERR! cwd /config/node-red/node_modules/grpc
gyp ERR! node -v v10.14.2
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.8.0
gyp ERR! not ok
node-pre-gyp ERR! build error
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack Error: Failed to execute '/usr/bin/node /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js build --fallback-to-build --library=static_library --module=/config/node-red/node_modules/grpc/src/node/extension_binary/node-v64-linux-arm-musl/grpc_node.node --module_name=grpc_node --module_path=/config/node-red/node_modules/grpc/src/node/extension_binary/node-v64-linux-arm-musl --napi_version=3 --node_abi_napi=napi --napi_build_version=0 --node_napi_label=node-v64' (1)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess. (/config/node-red/node_modules/grpc/node_modules/node-pre-gyp/lib/util/compile.js:83:29)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:182:13)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:962:16)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:251:5)
node-pre-gyp ERR! System Linux 4.4.50
node-pre-gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/config/node-red/node_modules/grpc/node_modules/.bin/node-pre-gyp" "install" "--fallback-to-build" "--library=static_library"
node-pre-gyp ERR! cwd /config/node-red/node_modules/grpc
node-pre-gyp ERR! node -v v10.14.2
node-pre-gyp ERR! node-pre-gyp -v v0.12.0
node-pre-gyp ERR! not ok
npm WARN discord.js@11.4.2 requires a peer of bufferutil@^3.0.3 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN discord.js@11.4.2 requires a peer of erlpack@discordapp/erlpack but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN discord.js@11.4.2 requires a peer of node-opus@^0.2.7 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN discord.js@11.4.2 requires a peer of opusscript@^0.0.6 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN discord.js@11.4.2 requires a peer of sodium@^2.0.3 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN discord.js@11.4.2 requires a peer of libsodium-wrappers@^0.7.3 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN discord.js@11.4.2 requires a peer of uws@^9.14.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! grpc@1.19.0 install: node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build --library=static_library
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the grpc@1.19.0 install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2019-03-29T17_03_41_438Z-debug.log
29 Mar 13:03:41 - [warn] ------------------------------------------

Its trying to build the software but hasn't got the tools to do so.

What operating system are you running this on?

Running under HassIO on a raspberry pi 3. Node red is running and has been up and running for a while now on the install. I also have several other modules loaded in the Node-red environment. If you need any other info just let me know.

Not all nodes need to be built, but if they do they need the tools to build them.
Not sure how you get them on HassIO, its probably a question for their forum.

How to do it on Raspbian is listed https://nodered.org/docs/hardware/raspberrypi

Awesome! Thank you for the response. I will add these notes to the post over in the HassIO forums and see if I get any bites there. I am wondering if there is an add-on that they have to include these tools, since it does not have access to the command line. I will definitely check that out thanks for the info. What tools specifically am I looking for?

Well your error post says it can't find make , the post I linked to includes the following:

On really minimal Debian installs you may need to run sudo apt-get install build-essential before running the script so that the serialport builds and installs OK. This is optional.

Sometimes you also need the python2.7-dev package, but generally build-essential should be enough.