Whatsapp notifications node

No i did not have any other issues.
I will try again after a restart.

After PC restart trying to install node-red-contrib-whin 0.0.9

2021-12-25T21:02:35.454Z [err] ERR! engine Unsupported engine
2021-12-25T21:02:35.454Z [err] npm
2021-12-25T21:02:35.454Z [err] ERR!
2021-12-25T21:02:35.454Z [err] engine Not compatible with your version of node/npm: json-rpc2@1.0.2
2021-12-25T21:02:35.454Z [err] npm
2021-12-25T21:02:35.454Z [err] ERR! notsup
2021-12-25T21:02:35.455Z [err] Not compatible with your version of node/npm: json-rpc2@1.0.2
2021-12-25T21:02:35.455Z [err] npm
2021-12-25T21:02:35.455Z [err] ERR! notsup Required: {"node":"0.10.x || 0.12.x"}
2021-12-25T21:02:35.455Z [err] npm ERR! notsup Actual: {"npm":"8.3.0","node":"v17.3.0"}
2021-12-25T21:02:35.456Z [err]

I do not believe this error has nothing to do with contrib-whin, as json-rpc2@1.0.2 is not a dependency of this package.

You can check it yourself: node-red-contrib-whin - npm

You should explore which of the nodes you've installed is calling it.

@alsak0de @lu4t Okay, its working now as it should and I'm getting the message on my phone.
In the Config list I had 2 whin nodes configured, yours and one I configured.
I removed both, deleted the flow and started again.
In the edit whin node I did not configure another auth property as I did before and I just changed your auth whin with my telephone and token.
Now I get the message on my phone WhatsApp.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Are there any plans to make the messaging 2 way? it would be great to be able to send messages from my phone to my server.

Cracking node, all works fine for me. UK based with a UK phone number.

Good to hear you're up and running!!
That's an interesting request. The thing is, receiving in your NR, is limited by your network (ip+port) listening capabilities. We're working on a workaround for something similar... will be announcing shortly.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing!

Please update to 0.1.7 and you'll get your 2 way messaging feature request working!
Pls provide feedback.

@alsak0de not sure how this works as there are no details at the moment.
I have updated whin.
Rebooted node-red.
Updated the whin-send node - still works okay
Added a whin-receive node using the SAME credentials and a debug node.
Sent a message from my phone WhatsApp - nothing received by the server.
Not sure what the whin-confirm node is for.
Maybe you can give a sample flow or some instructions.
Thanks..

Hi.. our friend lu4t recorded a video that shows how to use the nodes:

@alsak0de @lu4t
My whin-receive node does not have the green square and "Listening to whatsapp" underneath.
When I inject into whin-confirm is does not say "awaiting response".
The whin-send node is working perfectly.

pls ensure your version is up2date. 0.1.7 or 0.1.8
you can see the version on the palette

Version was 0.1.7
Now updating to 0.1.8

whin-receive is still not showing "Listening to whatsapp"

@alsak0de
I'm running Telegram at the same time. Could that be the problem?

I am now getting "Unauthorized incoming call from undefined" on the Telegram nodes

I'm concerned to receive messages on my server, because this is a potential access vector - see log4j as an example.

Is there the possibility to configure the node as outgoing only - that is I can send whatsapp but not receive messages. Keeping my server unreachable from the outside?

@MAK Sure. Just dont use whin-receive, use only whin-send node.
And.. btw, whin does not push data into your server. The node would pull it.

@rha10 no; this ain't related to Telegram in any way.
whin-receive will pull messages opening a connection to our backend through port 30883
Check if port is allowed (outbound) through your VPN.

Great, will do that.

Right, but I have no control who is sending me messages (the attacker only needs to guess my phone number). So if someone is sending an malicious message, the receive node will pull it. As we have learned from the log4j example, that could be enough to break into my server. Anyway, I only need "send", so this is perfect.

Hi @MAK,
while it's perfectly fine to use just the sender node, I think you did not understand the receiver one completely. To be clear: the only one who can send a whatsapp to your local node is you. If someone sends you a whatsapp, you won't get it on the node-red whatsapp listener - unless you forward the message to node-red :smile: -.

In other words, these nodes are a point to point channel between your whatsapp account and your Node-red environment.

I hope this helps.