after a lot of work (perhaps too much work) I like to share my first beta version of a flow to display the status of remote devices on the dashboard. It is always good to have an eye on your sensors and actuators especially when they are connected wireless or battery powered. The flow first developed around my homie-convention-node but soon I decided to make it more versatile because I have devices around the house which not support the homie convention.
Currently supported are:
- homie devices (certainly) version 3.0.x and 4.0.1 (with extensions)
- all kind mqtt devices (I included my Android Tablet running WallPanel)
- devices which gives status data via http get requests (json data but other formats certainly possible)
- homematic devices via custom node (others can be used to)
This is where I`m asking if anybody is interested in this project and likes to contribute nodes to include their favorite devices or custom firmware
The flow makes heavy use of the recent version of
ui-table to enable updates down to table cell level without sending the whole table over and over again. It also uses the
ui_control feature to style the table. Most of the work around the table is done by a singe subflow which can be seen as a custom node light.
So If anybody has a use case for something like this and like to add their own devices feel free to give it a shot:
- I think about tasmota, ESPEasy (without homie plugin), ESPurna, ESPHome or any other one or of the shelf devices like IKEA, Phillips ...
- Or if you like to digest usefull information out of the "standardized" data stream you can add a plugin (or improve the exiting ones)
- Or if you like to develop different table styles for ui-table you can make custom configuration json objects with fancy callback functions. (i.e. the fantastic filter options of tabulator aka. ui-table are currently unused).
- Or because I`m a bed room coder perhaps somebody likes to improve performance and functionality.
What you need
- latest version (0.3.0) of ui-table
- latest version of context-menu
- if you are using the homie convention the latest version (0.1.2) of the homie-convention node
- some time to get into it.
Beside the beta state this is not a drop in ready to use node but on the other hand you can customize it as you like
I don't know if the idea is totally stupid but I thought perhaps to give it a try. The documentation perhaps looks comprehensive and is perhaps too much but need defiantly a lot of work (but I first want to find out if it is worth the effort). Most recent documentation you find in the nodes info panel.
You can find a lot of information and the current version of the flow here:
One note for ESPEasy users: I`m using a upgraded version of the two homie plugins for ESPEasy to support homie extensions where I did not find the time to make a PR. I try to do the soon. Please contact me if urgently you need a compiled build or use the current dev build and the "alternative Homie source" part of the together with http request to get all the important data