Cannot access Gist of example flow in library

I just tried to add my first example flow to the Node-RED library - and failed.

Text looks fine, but I am unable to insert images by URL since modern browsers complain about CORB or CSP violations when trying to display the library entry...

For that reason, I tried to update the underlying Gist (which was told to be owned by me) but GitHub did not authenticate me when trying to "push".

Thus: how can I access "my" Gist (and add images or other files) - or add images (by URL) in any other way?

Thanks in advance for any help!

How/where are you trying to insert images? The Flow Library page does not support adding images directly.

The normal process would be:

1. create the flow in the Flow Library

2. click the 'view on github' link to go to your new gist page

3. click the 'Embed' button and select clone via ssh

4. clone the gist repo, then add files/commit/push in the normal way.

For that reason, I tried to update the underlying Gist (which was told to be owned by me) but GitHub did not authenticate me when trying to "push".

Did you clone via HTTPS or SSH?

How/where are you trying to insert images?

I added image links into the text, referring to already existing images in another GitHub repository

Did you clone via HTTPS or SSH?

Actually, I cloned using "GitHub Desktop" - which works fine for "standard" repositories - but I never tried the same for Gists.

I tried cloning via HTTP with no luck, now I'll configure an SSH key and try again...

Yeah!

I managed to upload images to my Gist - although the process looks really weird:

1. navigate to your flow in the Node-RED library
  2. click view on GitHub in the "Flow Info" found in the upper right corner of that page
  3. do not press "Edit" yet but
  4. scroll down to the "Leave a comment" field at the end of that page and
  5. drag and drop your images into that field. The images will be uploaded and a Markdown image link created for each uploaded image within the comment field
  6. select all these links and copy them into your clipboard
  7. now press "Edit"
  8. you may either click "Add File" and (temporarily) copy the links into the appearing editor area or copy them into an external editor
  9. in any case, you may now cut and paste each image link into the README.md to where it belongs
  10. if need be, remove the temporarily created file again and
  11. "Update" your Gist

That's it - your Flow description will now contain (and show) the desired images.

Hopefully, this recipe will help others as well!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.