Error: Deploy failed: {"code":"EPERM","message":"EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'C:\\v'"}

Hi all,

I have 2 issues that appeared with my Node-red today. After 12 months of flawlessly working, I'm suddenly getting 2 issues.

1. When I open the UI, all of the flows are missing and only a single new default view is displayed.
  2. When I try to deploy a new flow, I get this error: Deploy failed: {"code":"EPERM","message":"EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'C:\v'"}

All this happened after I changed my wifi router today. There were multiple connect, disconnect, IP change and change back again events. I now have the PC back to the original IP, and host name never changed. I can see the flows files are still in the original folder and no new flow files are created.

This is running on a Windows PC.

Any ideas?

Run node-red from a terminal to get the startup log (don't know how you do that in Windows but hopefully you do). On linux it would be node-red-start preceeded by node-red-stop if it was already running. That will show you where it is loading its settings and flows file from. I suspect you will find it is opening the wrong flows file.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.