How do I install Node-RED in Jetson Nano board

I have been trying to install node-red in jetson nano but it is not installing because npm error

Thanks for help

Hi,

How about giving us:

1. The command you used to install it
  2. The error message you received
  3. The version of Node & Node-RED
  4. The operating system

Cheers,

Paul

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

• OS I'm using is Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.9.253-tegra aarch64)

• Commands I used are

sudo apt-get install nodejs
sudo apt-get install npm
sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red node-red-admin
  • node version : 8.10.0

• Error message

| |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
WARN engine node-red@3.0.2: wanted: {"node":">=14"} (current: {"node":"8.10.0","npm":"3.5.2"})
loadRequestedDeps         \ |######################------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
WARN engine node-red@3.0.2: wanted: {"node":">=14"} (current: {"node":"8.10.0","npm":"3.5.2"})
loadDep:bcrypt -> resolve \ |######################------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
loadDep:bcrypt -> get     | |######################------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
loadDep:bcrypt -> 200     \ |######################------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
loadDep:ws -> mapToRegist - |######################------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
loadDep:universalify -> g \ |######################------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
npm ERR! Linux 4.9.253-tegra
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "-g" "--unsafe-perm" "node-red" "node-red-admin"
npm ERR! node v8.10.0
npm ERR! npm  v3.5.2
npm ERR! code EMISSINGARG

npm ERR! typeerror Error: Missing required argument #1
npm ERR! typeerror     at andLogAndFinish (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:31:3)
npm ERR! typeerror     at fetchPackageMetadata (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:51:22)
npm ERR! typeerror     at resolveWithNewModule (/usr/share/npm/lib/install/deps.js:456:12)
npm ERR! typeerror     at /usr/share/npm/lib/install/deps.js:457:7
npm ERR! typeerror     at /usr/share/npm/node_modules/iferr/index.js:13:50
npm ERR! typeerror     at /usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:37:12
npm ERR! typeerror     at addRequestedAndFinish (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:82:5)
npm ERR! typeerror     at returnAndAddMetadata (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:117:7)
npm ERR! typeerror     at pickVersionFromRegistryDocument (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:134:20)
npm ERR! typeerror     at /usr/share/npm/node_modules/iferr/index.js:13:50
npm ERR! typeerror This is an error with npm itself. Please report this error at:
npm ERR! typeerror     <http://github.com/npm/npm/issues>

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /home/nvidia/npm-debug.log

I see you are running node v8.10.0. If you read the [Version 3.0 release notes] you will see that it needs node.js 14

Upgrade Node.js and try the install again.

1 Like

Hi @eldho1416, or also you could use the Rpi command:

bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/linux-installers/master/deb/update-nodejs-and-nodered)

Node-RED docs: " This can work with on any Debian-based operating system, including Ubuntu..."

This script will:

• remove the existing version of Node-RED if present.
  • if it detects Node.js is already installed, it will ensure it is at least v12. If less than v12 it will stop and let the user decide whether to stay with Node-RED version 1 - or upgrade Nodejs to a more recent LTS version. If nothing is found it will install the current Node.js LTS release using the NodeSource package.
  • install the latest version of Node-RED using npm.
  • optionally install a collection of useful Pi-specific nodes.
  • setup Node-RED to run as a service and provide a set of commands to work with the service.

source: Running on Raspberry Pi : Node-RED

I hope this can helps you!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much that worked

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.