🎉 Node-RED 1.1.0-beta.3 released

Don't 'Talk' about 'the hand cos the face ain't listening', :rofl:

1 Like

Minor enhancement suggestion to dynamically set size of group depending on label being displayed/position

I was in two minds about this. Wasn't sure about the group changing size. On balance, it's worth trying. Will see how it goes.

4 Likes

I've stopped testing the beta because of the UI issues I have with it (when it goes wrong I'm losing changes and I have to redo them)

I've loaded a separate instance github dev instance and tested my flows out in it and the showstoppers seem to have gone.

I'm just leaving my main WIn10 flows alone and doing other Node-RED stuff at the moment

I am NOT complaining :slight_smile: - just saying that I'm waiting for beta 4 before carrying on testing

... errr so are you saying it now works ? or not ? - if not what isn't working. (or are you just saying you've stopped looking ?)

Basically we think 1.1 is just about ready (again) - so if there is anything outstanding we want to now about it.

I just imported my flow into a dev version - I've not really played with the dev version so I don't know if all my glitches have been fixed (#Catch22)

If I'm the only one having the UI issues (and the last few commits have fixed them all) then go for it :slight_smile:

It could purely be my personal setup that doesn't work properly

Whether next release is beta 4 or real 1.1 - I'm just saying that I'm waiting :slight_smile:

Just installed beta 3 this morning. Only thing I noticed so far is that selecting a node, and then using arrow keys scrolls the flow page and does not move the node as expected. I think it did work the first time I selected a node, but after opening a few and clicking a few other places, now the arrow keys never move the node.

After refreshing the window, arrow moving works again. So something (on occasion) gets it in a state where it doesn't work until a window refresh.

I'll try to reproduce more cleanly, but am having trouble getting it to do it again.

EDIT: I can't reproduce it. Probably not important enough to chase if it is rare and easily fixable (refresh).

One more. I'm fairly certain this is in the "not a bug, just don't do this dummy / can't fix stupid" category (if so, disregard as appropriate)... I did this on accident earlier, without thinking about the fact I made a loop.

But if you run a status node into a debug node that shows status, you create an infinite loop and CPU usage goes to 100% and stays there. Presumably the debug node status continually updates the status node, which continuously updates the debug node, etc.

2 Likes

Yup either don’t show status on debug or don’t set status node to monitor all.

2 Likes

I am getting a strange effect importing this flow https://flows.nodered.org/flow/e3e8c7f4807f383ab85d61ff2dfda208
When I click the import button it looks ok, but then when I move the mouse the exec node is captured by it and the effect in the image is seen, together with the TypeError: a is undefined, which is in red.min.js:16:299748. I haven't seen it on other imports and I have restarted node-red and cleared the cache and it consistently fails.

Nothing in the node red log.

1 Like

Hi Colin, I am running latest from git (dev branch, not minified) and without custom theme - I tried 3 times with that very same flow & I get zero issues / errors.

Perhaps there was an issue but running from source (downloaded yesterday) i cannot re-created this issues - so may have been fixed already?

EDIT - NOTE: I am using latest Chrome

I should have said I am using Waterfox classic 2020.06 on Ubuntu. I will try it on another browser in the morning when I have some time.

No need. I can recreate the issue on beta.3, but not on the latest dev code - so the issue is fixed already.