Node-Red - Node Settings UI - glitch

Not sure where to post this, so within General it goes, per instructions.

I was working on Node-red, and happened to double click the HTTP Response node in my flow, and did not get an immediate response (no pun). As a typical seldomly impatient programmer, I opt to neglect how things operate and that a response takes time. That being said I double click it multiple times repeatedly... After such, I think something got piled up in the stack and came out all at once...

I've taken screen shots of the node when if finally loaded. It appears as if the node data got in a traffic jam and all piled into that node GUI all at once.... Not sure if you are able to repeat this easily. But maybe the screenshots will help clarify.

As I clicked Cancel, it seemed to process each 'instance' and gradually narrow it down to a single one...

After which seems to not really hurt the flow, as I can tell as of now. Once they were all cancelled it returned back to normal operation. I can double click into the node and have it displayed normally. As if nothing happened. No restart of node-red was performed.

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 10.49.18 AM Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 10.49.23 AM Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 10.49.31 AM

Hi,

I know what causes this, but this is the first time I think I've seen it reported out in the wild.

When opening an edit dialog for a node that has credentials, the editor makes a call to the runtime to find out meta-data about the credentials stored in the node. If that call is blocked or delayed it can cause the a delay in opening the edit dialog.

If you dbl-click again, it starts opening the edit dialog again, but the previous attempt is still active, so now you have two edit dialogs in the stack... and so on.

When the calls to the runtime unblock all of the dialogs can complete opening and you then have to unwind the full stack of them.

It's been on my todo list to tidy up for a while, but in absence of any reports of it actually happening, it hasn't been a priority.

Now you've seen it, I'll bump it up the list to address.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.