Riot-nodes error

I will try again

Did it return to the command prompt? If so then yes.

You must wait till it does. It may take hours.

Yes, leave it overnight.

Kill it, it's not going to complete.

Reboot the computer.

Try again

But

Be sure that you start it from an elevated command prompt (right click cmd, run as administrator)

Several solutions here: Installation Hangs after "Successfully installed Python 2.7" and no log file for visual studio build tools Ā· Issue #172 Ā· felixrieseberg/windows-build-tools Ā· GitHub

As was stated right at the start, you also need to install git. That is a specific issue with that node, it is not normally necessary.

Did you get the install script to run to completion? If not then that is still a problem.

What version of nodejs are you running? Use this to find out
node -v

No, the VS build tools (which are used by npm but are nothing directly to do with node-red).

As I said at the start the node has not been updated in 4 years so may not be compatible with later versions of node-red. It will not install in Linux for me with nodejs version 12.18.3 so I think you are probably wasting your time with these nodes.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by that.

I don't know what you mean by that either.

I see from the node's github page that they are ZigBee nodes. If you search for zigbee on node-red's flows site you will find there are other nodes that may be useful to you.

I mean, do you can think of some other ''trick'', that can help for this problem?

I checked other project from the same author, and manage to open the .json file in NR. In the flow i saw modify xbee node (called, xbee dio), which is unknown and is not available in the NR flows DataBase. I assume, that the .js files in both projects have to be installed in NR, in order to activate the unknown nodes, i'm correct? If so (if not, please tell me), how to install .js files in NR?

If it is simple javascript you can use it in a function node, but if it is part of a nodejs module then you would have to know how to construct a nodejs module.

Did you manage to get the build tools to install?

Did you look at the other zigbee nodes?

This is the project-GitHub - ReeceRobinson/NR-XBee: XBee node for use with Node-Red
Yes, i think i install them.
Yes, i look them, but can i use them for set up my Xbee modules with zigbee protokol, or i need xbee nodes specifically ?

You might be best to start a new thread describing the devices you have and asking the best way to use them with node-red. I don't know anything about xbee/zigbee.

I made that kind of questions, but no one answer me.
Did you saw the link i sent? Did you saw the unknown nodes? What can we do to activate them?

I see you have, possibly nobody here uses xbee.

What are the unknown nodes?

It is in that repository. Go into your .node-red folder and run
npm install ReeceRobinson/NR-XBee
Also notice the pre-requisites mentioned on the github page.

You have a space in your path name. It needs surrounding with double quotes.

Why?
What error did you get when you used npm install?