Riot-nodes error

if you want a local copy of the node so you can fix it and then install it locally you can go into some directory (not in your .node-red folder) and run
git clone https://github.com/ReeceRobinson/NR-XBee
which will clone it into a subdirectory NR-XBee. Then you can install it by going into your .node-red folder and running
npm install full/path/to/NR-XBee

Sorry, no you are right. I assumed it was a nodejs node but it isn't. I don't know what to do with it.

How to identify this nodes?

They are in the riot-xbee subdirectory of ReeceRobinson/riot-nodes. They would be pulled in by the install of riot-nodes.

Can someone try to install/run this projects, to see if they will have the same problems. like me, please?

Do you mean ReeceRobinson/riot-nodes?

If so then what error are you now getting when you try to install it from your .node-red folder? Show us the output including the command you type so we can check the command and the directory you are running from.

I have just looked earlier in the thread and I pointed out much earlier that it is very old and won't install with nodejs version 16.x so it may well not install with whatever version you are using.

As was pointed out previously, since you have a space in your folder name you need to put quotes round the name in all commands. You can tell that is the problem since the error says
Could not install from "..\..\Martin"

Isn't this where you started? You need to install the windows build tools successfully.

And you need to make sure you have the right version.

You should have a folder C:\Users\<user>\.windows-build-tools which should contain a file vs_BuildTools.exe. If you run that, it should look for the current version and install it for you.

If you don't have that folder or file, then your original install failed. Make sure you are installing for the right user, in particular, you probably don't want to install build tools from an elevated command prompt.

Unfortunately, there are lots of ways to install and configure things so it is hard to give a definitive answer.

Which to install exactly?

Please, any help?

Maybe this will help?

I would probably try the 2017 version first (but as you are on Win7, you might end up having to do 2015)

I'm just wondering if I should install a Visual C ++ builder, a .NET desktop builder like this recommendation,

You need to install the latest version of Visual Studio
 including the "Desktop development with C++" workload.
 For more information consult the documentation at:
 https://github.com/nodejs/node-gyp#on-windows

or both?

+ riot-xbee@0.0.1
updated 2 packages and audited 1390 packages in 117.232s

It installed that ok, you can ignore the messages provided it ends ok.

That is usually a bad idea as it may install later versions of packages, that don't work with the rest of the stuff installed. It is unclear whether it did any damage or not.

Probably one of the nodes you have installed won't load. In settings.js in your .node-red folder find the section logging: and inside that console: and inside that set level: "trace". It is probably info at the moment. Then restart node-red and you will hopefully see which node failed to load.

Yes, that file, but you dont "double click it" you open it in a text or code editor as Colin explained

Martin, you have been trying to resolve this now for 21 days.

It would be quicker to upgrade to windows 10 or install ubuntu over the top of Windows 7.

In fact, buy a Raspberry PI and do it all on there.

That is odd.
Please run these commands (in your .node-red folder) and post the full results here.

npm list node-red-dashboard
npm list node-red-contrib-xbee
npm list node-red-contribe-xbee-api

Please post the file package.json from your .node-red folder.

package.json (1.4 KB)