Show us your Dashboard!

my weatherstation sent data to my SQL-Server every seconds, and in the Weathercloud every 10 minutes

After looking at these, I felt the need to show people how their contributions on this fantastic resource of a Forum have enabled me to build my Home Control interface. Display is designed for Mobile, iPad (a surplus mini no longer supported by Apple) and PC (it adapts).

Main interface page for switching everyday items on and off. Combination of Sonoff Basic, Shelly and KingArt WiFi switches used (Contactors where appropriate!). Sonoff and KingArt using Tasmota, Shelly on Shelly firmware. Bargraph shows Agile Octopus slots for the next 12 hours and reflects Wholesale prices for Electricity. Orange - Indigo - above current Standard Fixed Tariff, Yellow, thru Green to light blue from Standard down to 0p /kWh.

Lights are on Shelly devices. I did have colour control on the Living and Dining Rooms, but lost that when I fitted Shelly RGBW2 and will implement again at a convenient point - used mainly by Grandkids to play with the colours!!

Some of the above lights are also used for 'Security Lighting' when we are away to make it look like we are in.

We can see energy used/being used. When on Agile I can also display the cheapest and the cheaper slots ranked in order for various time spans. Now on a tariff that gives a 3 hour cheaper slot from 20:30.

.. and a detailed view (PZEM004T and Octopus API))

Sensor inputs (ESP8266 - Tasmota)

Finally a 'Status Page' where I can manually drive outputs for fault-finding along with configuring Tasmota devices from templates, resetting the Opto22 PAC and testing the 3G modem for SMS messages (also need to send an SMS message every 6 months to keep SIM card alive. simple press!). I could also calculate my Agile Octopus tariff bill from my readings.

Data goes into InfluxDB and of course displayed with Grafana.

Yes, a big THANK YOU to all those that enabled me to get this far!!

11 Likes

Almost finished recreating my favorite minigame TripleTriad from Final Fantasy 8

4 Likes

Really impressed with your various achievements. What a diversity and professional achievements!
So I'm going for one of my own. Management of a solar installation.

My solar installation consists of 12 panels, a hybrid inverter and 8 lead batteries.
(2 others were added later)

I have been using it for less than a year. There is only a tiny screen on the inverter, so it wasn't much use.

On the other hand, there is a serial output, and thanks to NR and this forum, I was able to create a software to control my installation. The screens are simple, which makes it possible to quickly realize the situation. Can we start a new machine or not ?

My wife and I now use it every day, one look at the screen of the tablet fixed to the wall and she knows when to use or not the various machines.

The next part is how to activate electrical consumers automatically depending on the sunlight. For example the activation of heat pumps. This was part of a discussion on another post.

Oh yes, important point, the power consumption has decreased by about 70%. :smiley:

Here are examples of the various tables. You can see the full demo here

Main panel with the various powers consumed and created :

1er-volet

The various parameters of the inverter and the possibility to change them remotely via NR:

2eme-volet

The battery equalization system:

3eme-volet

Management of initial parameters, alarm thresholds and management of emails (and or Telegram):

4eme-volet

A beginning of multilanguage management of the application:

5eme-volet

12 Likes

There are enormously complex and very nice dashboard shared here. Many thanks and congratulations.
Here is a very simple one as a contrast. The story behind is here

The dashboard controls the charging of my Tesla car up to a certain charge level using a selectable charging strategy (use own solar energy, only low tariff charging, charge regardless of the cost).

9 Likes

This is a remote monitoring flow that we use for monitoring remote pump stations that are hard to reach.
The dash is communicated to a cloud server that I made. The server posts the dashboard to an iframe on an external website so that Customers can view the status of their pumps. The pump Colour changes colour when it runs or is faulted.

5 Likes

My messiest dashboard page is my testing one :stuck_out_tongue:

In which I eventually learn new tricks to implement in more "productive" dashboard tabs...

2 Likes

Very nice to the eye the rounded frames on the ESP32cam menu

This control panel is specially sized to display on my phone.
It is used to control the blinds (rolling code) via an RfLink and also with an ESP8266 connected to 8 relays to simulate a physical push and one sonoff dual.
There is also a nice trick, when you press a button, the phone vibrates for confirmation.

We can also automate the opening/closing of each blind by choosing a schedule for it with the super node ui_scheduler

2 Likes

Main display automatically selected after some time on all wall tablets for our home automation system (node red is doing a lot of "heavy lifting" while it is interfaced with homematic, zigbee2mqtt gateway, an (unused) 433mhz bridge and my Arduino based house alarm. Gives you a quick overview of lights, open windows / doors, alarm state and a brief weather forecast from our "local" metrological office met.ie. If our EV is charging, it will show that state too.

3 Likes

Agree. Curved edges are gooood. This is something I'd love to be able to do to upgrade all my dashboards, but it's not as easy as it seems.

After much cut/paste/test... I think these are the basics needed in a template to have curved edges, at least for the main "cards?"

No colour changes here, just rounded corners with a bit of shadow.

I'm not even sure the .masonry-container part is needed. Not quite sure what it does, but I left it in.

[{"id":"ec118fe456edc3bb","type":"ui_template","z":"8e94ea3a46a373ad","group":"ab9b8405.4fb588","name":"","order":16,"width":0,"height":0,"format":"<style>\n.masonry-container {\n    position: relative;\n    width: 100%;\n    height:100%;\n    margin: 0 auto;\n}\n\n\n.nr-dashboard-cardcontainer {\n    position: relative;\n    box-shadow: inset 0px 1px 4px 0px #000000bb;\n    border-radius: 15px;\n}\n\n\n.nr-dashboard-theme ui-card-panel {\n    border-radius: 15px;\n    box-shadow: 0 0 8px 0px #00000080;\n}\n</style>","storeOutMessages":true,"fwdInMessages":true,"resendOnRefresh":true,"templateScope":"global","x":1090,"y":120,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"ab9b8405.4fb588","type":"ui_group","name":"System","tab":"81094caaa6a6fb2c","order":1,"disp":true,"width":"10","collapse":false},{"id":"81094caaa6a6fb2c","type":"ui_tab","z":"8e94ea3a46a373ad","name":"RPi System Specs","icon":"computer","order":1,"disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

1 Like

Is meant to grow with the content. The original rules are:

.masonry-container {
    position: relative;
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

By adding the height:100%; you just forcing it to be always as tall as the available height is. Does not change much but may affect if you try to play also with colors for that container which mostly rather messes things up than helps so .. not much reasons to do anything with this.

2 Likes

Following on from my previous screen shots above (Show us your Dashboard! - #58 by MyRandomThoughts), I have been working on a work in progress of an album picker for my Sonos system. Still a few bugs to work on though...

The blue "Home" button reloads the A-Z list. Selecting one will load the artists under that letter (A in the example below), then selecting an artist will load the albums with art. The green back button returns to the "currently playing" tab. The search also works for albums and artists.

2 Likes

Here are some screen-shots of the dashboard for my Home-Media Control Centre.
It can show photos and/or play music or videos.

7 Likes

That looks very nice!

At first I thought it was soothing live feeds from a bunch of aquaria and terraria. I was going to say there's a rat in your terrarium but once I zoomed in I realised it's a cartoon image.

1 Like

It's a scene from the Big Buck Bunny movie. I put a hand-symbol on the button to try to indicate that fact.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.