STATUS node - bug report (maybe)

Ok, here it is. I hope this is the right place.

I couldn't find a BUG REPORT section.

STATUS node.

I was writing code and changed it to selected nodes rather than the default all.

Did some work. Deleted some code - and one of the monitored nodes.

To digress: If I ADD nodes, the number increases as I add them.
Press DEPLOY and all is good.

I delete any of the nodes and the number does NOT reduce.

I have to open the STATUS node (do nothing) and when I close the edit window ONLY THEN does the number reduce.

I won't paste all the piccies unless requested.
As there is/are 7 of them to show you what I mean.

Bah, here's the pictures.

Obviously the sequence is 1 --> 7

All is good.

Add a new node

Added to STATUS node list to monitor

Number increased now - even before DEPLOY is pressed.

New base line.

Delete node.
(DEPLOY skipped in pictures)

Deployed but number not reduced.
If I open the node then close it (as said) then the number reduces.

Can confirm behaviour

Example flow (Node RED 3.0.2)

[{"id":"a687a99b58fb91fe","type":"tab","label":"Flow 2","disabled":false,"info":"","env":[]},{"id":"dc8a79ed71155e0a","type":"function","z":"a687a99b58fb91fe","name":"function 1","func":"\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":[],"x":180,"y":160,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"a67e862504fa707b","type":"function","z":"a687a99b58fb91fe","name":"function 2","func":"\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":[],"x":260,"y":300,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"3e19c87166b0b0cc","type":"status","z":"a687a99b58fb91fe","name":"","scope":["dc8a79ed71155e0a","a67e862504fa707b"],"x":400,"y":420,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"3d6e8e95280ee932","type":"comment","z":"a687a99b58fb91fe","name":"Delete this node, deploy","info":"","x":300,"y":260,"wires":[]},{"id":"276a543c0b3320fb","type":"comment","z":"a687a99b58fb91fe","name":"See this does not update","info":"","x":450,"y":380,"wires":[]}]

@Trying_to_learn

A GitHub issue maybe requested, but I'm not part of the core team, so can't say.

1 Like

I thought it was a core node.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the box.

How do I raise an issue?

Here is the GitHub issue template for Node RED :+1:

New Issue · node-red/node-red (github.com)

it is a Core Node, sorry what I mean was I am not part of the core development team ,so wouldn't know if they want an issue raised.

Reported to GITHUB as suggested.

I don't believe this is a bug.

When you make a change to the node's configuration it immediately displays that as the node name. It is the same as when you give any node a name, it immediately shows up.

For example, add an inject node and the label is timestamp. Now edit the inject node and change the name option. As soon as you click don't, the node now has the name of what you entered.

So it seems to be a future, not a bug.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.