Workspace Movement on Click or Node Closure

After a few weeks of developing a Node-RED flow to control a hydraulic system, the workspace now jumps to an unused portion (the lower right corner) upon double clicking the workspace or closing a node ('Cancel' or 'Done').

I have tried keyboard and mouse settings as well as the Node-RED View Settings. It is as if the home location has been set to a point irrelevant to the workflow and the program keeps returning to that point.

Does anyone have experience or ideas?

Not seen that. You will need to let people know what versions of Node.JS, Node-RED, browser and OS you are using.

1 Like

Thanks Julian. Your comment gave me the idea to fix this problem.

I was using Microsoft Edge as my browser. I switched to Google Chrome and it does not occur.

It was very frustrating but I bet it is an Edge problem.

Thanks!

[info] Node-RED version: v0.20.1
[info] Node.js version: v10.15.1
[info] Windows_NT 10.0.17134 x64 LE

Hmm, well edge is pretty good these days - though set to get better this year as Microsoft have finally given up on developing their own engine and will be switching to Chromium.

Worth checking for errors in the browser console.

Also weird is that that Edge worked fine for maybe two months without trouble. I then moved my setup and started using some NCD.IO devices. I am just going to stick with the Chrome and move forward.

Without wishing to start a browser-wars discussion, I've given up on Chrome as well as I got fed up with what Google seem to be playing about with in regards to privacy and tracking.

I now use Vivaldi. This also uses Chromium and even supports the Chrome extension store.

Thanks – I will give Vivaldi a try.

Dave