Z-Wave JS, Aeotec Indoor Siren 6

There is probably quite a small target audience of people that use node-red to control an Aeotec Indoor Siren 6, but as a beginner I struggled to get things working, so I thought it might help somebody else in a similar situation. The Aeotec Indoor Siren 6 connects to node-red via Z-Wave, I used 'node-red-contrib-zwave-js' to give that connection. You can modify settings for the Siren in Z-Wave JS, but I hope that my flow makes it easier to understand and use. I also needed a UI and went with the 'node-red-dashboard'. The ui is split in to three sections, the first allows you to view, modify and save the settings for the sirens 8 endpoints, it also allows you to hear any of the 30 onboard sounds. The second column allow you to view, modify and save the 7 Light Effects that can be used in the endpoints. The final column means you can hear and see what the setting in the previous two columns does when you activate an endpoint. I haven't done any work on the ability to associate pushbuttons with the endpoints, because I am not using it that way. You will need to add and configure a Z-Wave Controller Node, plus modify the ZWave Device node to match the location of your Siren.. Thanks to marcus-j-davies in the Z-Wave section on Github for his help using 'node-red-contrib-zwave-js'
Apart from the standard Palette you will need to add 'node-red-contrib-zwave-js' and 'node-red-dashboard'.

Aeotec Indoor Siren 6.json (52.0 KB)
The flow is attached here, it was too big to put between code tags.

2 Likes

I'm everywhere @GeeBee2021 :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Be afraid, be very afraid :grinning: