Flexdash edit mode disappeared

Good day to all...
I'm trying to use flexdash and node-red to develop a user interface to watch and control a lot of customer sensors/actors. The flows got quite complicated now...
After some time, I noticed, that the edit mode in the flexdash board was gone. Clicking on the wheel at the top, only shows the theme switch "dark/light".
And even when trying the example flow "widget array" it doesn't appear again....
I would appreciate any hints,,,,

1 Like

That feature has been removed from the dashboard, and is now available from within the flow editor, see this demo - ✨ FlexDash alpha release - round 3 - #56 by tve which is a great improvement.

It was added in v0.4.142 and described in the same topic as the above - ✨ FlexDash alpha release - round 3 - #69 by tve

You may wish to bookmark the current forum flexdash release topic, to keep up to date with developments - ✨ FlexDash alpha release - round 3

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the fast resolving. But this was a nice feature of the old version. A user that that was unable (or unwilling) to dig into node-red itself, had a nice way to arrange the widgets as preferred....
Claus

1 Like

It was convenient, but it was a recipe for creating problems for users. Take for example, that if you made layout changes in the dashboard, the resulting flow would not be deployed, unless of course you then opened the editor and deployed the flow from there.
Having the 'edit mode' moved to the editor has also enabled other features to be added, such as optional auto-fill & preview scaling, which are really useful.

Having used the 'new' edit mode, IMO it is now where it should be, and is not dissimilar to the function in the standard node-RED dashboard.

1 Like