Flic - iHost Hub by SonOff

So this is installed on the ihost is it not ??
The pallet is called 0.1.5.

The yellow triangle just came up, but both are installed, without conflicts.

I don't get it.

The only way I can get rid of 0.1.5 to which states required in node red instructions.
is by deleting all my flows, which gets rid of registered devices. deleting each flic item from the work space , deployed , and restarted ... does not.

Only after deleting the flows they were used in am I allowed this (image below)

... And now I can remove 0.1.5 , but 1.1.1 does not have that option if you notice.

En so that is why I uninstalled node red , I only uninstalled node red to retest over and over again because this device appeared on the market and its is the only option I have as a end user to play with it till I learn how it works.

So this is installed on the ihost is it not ??

The node is installed, the helper daemon is not. (the one that actually does all the work).

See the documentation for this node.

Yes Node Red is installed on the iHost device

• you have a flic hub, which you cannot use ?

I can use it just fine but I want node red to use the downloaded pallet

what is or who is daemon

Installing Flic Daemon

This node requires the fliclib-linux-hci daemon to handle the low level comunication with the buttons. You will need to install this before you start:

git clone https://github.com/50ButtonsEach/fliclib-linux-hci.git

install where ?

if I click on the link it just leads me deeper down another rabbit hole.

GitHub - 50ButtonsEach/fliclib-linux-hci: Flic SDK for Linux

You cannot install it:

You cannot install this server on iHost, because there is no support for bluetooth.
So whatever you are trying to do, it will and cannot not work.

I do not run linux, I have no raspberry pi

but the iHost has blue tooth on it !

yes, but it is not accessible from docker.

But there are two pallets for it 0.1.5 , and 1.1.1

I don't understand?

But there are two for flic , 0.1.5 and 1.1.1 so what are those pallets for ?

I don't understand?

I know.

Both nodes you mention require the hci daemon, you cannot install this on iHost. One node is old, other node is newer.

Next you cannot access bluetooth from docker on iHost.
It cannot be done, nor is there terminal access to do this.

Get a system where you have full access if you want to use these devices in conjunction with node red.

1 Like

So, ok I get the removing 0.1.5 as 1.1.1 replaced it , and so you are saying that the HCI even as 0.1.5 states that it runs with the blue tooth having no IP and no valid MAC , there are still two blue tooth boards on the iHost.

Are they not using those patches for the boards ?

Who writes the pallet contributions ?

ewelink pallet has 7 or more commands on that pallet , I can get a token to use the info to communicate with a device that has no visual IP nor any visual MAC address. But the script for it allows communication between the ihost and an NS panel (not talking about the NS panel pro , because I only have a NS Panel)

,,, some how the Pallets instructions know how to handle the flow.

So why are Flic pallets even available to install on iHost , but not use on the ihost device ? I don't get it ?? They must be there for some reason ???

To me, I think I should be able to just write some script on the LR Hub and communicate it that way ? Between iHost and flic LR2 hub.

**Do I need to learn JavaScript ?**

Eventually with no rhyme or reason I eventually get to this stage after removing all the flows,

Well it was not the help I wished for and I can't say I have a lot of faith in Node red. The videos are awesome, but the support for the device I own is just not there yet. I cannot say for sure a raspberry pi would be a better experience unless I learn more about JavaScript. After wasting the entire day on Lifx pallet addons to dockers node red , Meross, and flic, I saw nothing regarding Leviton and 8 of my devices are no longer working again simply because I cannot keep up with this matter of change.

The chats have been confusing and the material does not make sense. I'll be reviewing java for dummies next. The disappointment is more towards the written material not clarifying what any of it can be used for while installing it from the device that I am installing it on. If the iHost still required a more powerful device I wish the videos I have watched would not be so convincing. "Buyer Beware"

This topic has been solved

Only reply here if:

• You have additional details
  • The solution doesn't work for you

If you have an unrelated issue, please start a new topic instead.

Well the topic has not been solved, nor will it apparently. I am sure learning some JavaScript is in order, I still can't seem to see how this debug relates to any relative data that is going on in the real world.

This topic will close 14 days after the last reply.

No ... this has not been solved !

This topic has been solved

Only reply here if:

• You have additional details
  • The solution doesn't work for you

If you have an unrelated issue, please start a new topic instead.

It looks like your link to discourse.nodered.org was already posted in the topic by @y2k in a reply on May 26, 2024 – are you sure you want to post it again?

Yes ?

As A newbie I see the clock is ticking and no solution exist. Without a mentor or local group this topic has now gone sour, now frustrated at both ends. I still thank and muchly appreciate the help and assistance. Unfortunately have fallen again under the "buyer beware" thinking from watching all these videos that automating my home with an iHost was even possible. The basic approach to resolving all the issues with unfinished software to the best of my knowledge requires the grasp of JavaScript to mesh these matter devices together. I will go back to SonOff where they will send me back here and nothing will be resolved.

iHost - Pass on devices to docker container - eWeLink CUBE - eWeLink Forum

Well it marked as solved in post #7. I presume you did that. If it isn't solved then uncheck the solved box there.

1 Like