Node names keep disappearing when edit dialog is closed?

I seem to have encountered a strange issue with a node-RED node I have been working on. It seems to be an intermittent error. But I am wondering if it is something that has been picked up on before. I have been working on a node with a configuration dialog.

Sometimes after opening and closing the configuration dialog, then closing the parent edit dialog the node name disappears, see next image:

c9883693-9921-49c0-95f9-92eb10c9aec6

There is a warning in the error console, but no errors reported.

I am trying to determine if this is an issue specific to the node, something to do with browser based garbage collection, or a Node-RED related issue?

Any node can be configured to hide its label - its an option on the appearance tab in the edit dialog. Under the covers, it sets a boolean property on the node called l. One possible explanation is that your custom node is setting this property itself.

Thanks for the info, I was reading this article

it could be the editor, I think the issue occurs when there is relatively heavy node-RED usage. For example lots of different nodes having the editor. opened and closed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.