Riot-nodes error

I deleted the flows. So, do I have to go on with the installation of riot project, or i have to do something else first?

I deleted the flows. So, do I have to go on with the installation of riot project, or i have to do something else first?

@Martin10 if your goal is to install the riot nodes, despite all the issues you've been having, then try installing them and see where you get to.

Martin, as I said before...

so have you got node-red running cleanly without errors?

If so...

• try installing the nodes you need one at a time - checking node-red still works (restart node-red after install each node you need)
  • Post errors as and when they happen - stop and wait for us to help with a particular error before installing next contrib node

PS: do not install those mqtt-env / mqttssql nodes - they are broke.

This is part of the results from the installation. Is it everything normal?

gyp ERR! build error 
gyp ERR! stack Error: `make` failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:194:23)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:275:12)
gyp ERR! System Linux 5.4.51-v7l+
gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "configure" "build"
gyp ERR! cwd /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/fs-ext
gyp ERR! node -v v12.18.4
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.1.0
gyp ERR! not ok 
npm WARN node-red-contrib-ui-led@0.3.3 requires a peer of node-red-dashboard@2.23.x but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN tsutils@3.17.1 requires a peer of typescript@>=2.8.0 || >= 3.2.0-dev || >= 3.3.0-dev || >= 3.4.0-dev || >= 3.5.0-dev || >= 3.6.0-dev || >= 3.6.0-beta || >= 3.7.0-dev || >= 3.7.0-beta but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@2.1.2 (node_modules/zigbee-herdsman-converters/node_modules/fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.1.2: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"arm"})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@2.1.2 (node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/node_modules/jest-haste-map/node_modules/fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.1.2: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"arm"})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.11 (node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/node_modules/fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.11: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"arm"})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: bufferutil@1.2.1 (node_modules/bufferutil):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: bufferutil@1.2.1 install: `node-gyp rebuild`
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Exit status 1
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fs-ext@0.5.0 (node_modules/fs-ext):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fs-ext@0.5.0 install: `node-gyp configure build`
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Exit status 1

+ riot-xbee@0.0.1
updated 1 package and audited 1972 packages in 72.96s

65 packages are looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details

found 351 vulnerabilities (73 low, 68 moderate, 209 high, 1 critical)
  run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details

The honest answer @Martin10 is - we don't know. We don't use the riot nodes module, so we don't know what amount error messages are 'expected'.

You have shared some of the log output - it starts with build error - but because of where you start the log output, we don't know what has had an error.

The log then says SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY - so the build error is probably coming from one of those. They fact they are "optional" means that despite the error, it is carrying on.

+ riot-xbee@0.0.1
updated 1 package and audited 1972 packages in 72.96s

And this tells us that the module has installed "successfully" - even though some optional dependencies failed.

What we simply don't know is what the failed optional dependencies might mean for what the node wants to do.

Now try running Node-RED and see if you get any errors when it starts up.

If there are errors, then maybe those optional dependencies were not so optional after all. The next steps would be to look back at the install log, identify exactly what failed to install and decide if its worth the effort to get working given everything else.

I can't upload full report, because it is too big.
NR work good (no errors), but can't find anything new. How i supposed to ''call'' this new nodes?

Just to confirm, does this mean you do now have the riot nodes in your palette?

If you have questions about how to use those nodes, you'll have to direct them to the author of the module.

This is what i've got. Should i ''enable all''

Martin, must you use that particular node - considering it is about 5y old.

Have you tried node-red-contrib-xbee (node) - Node-RED?

@Martin10 there is a huge error message there.

That error would have been logged when Node-RED started.

So when you said NR work good (no errors), - were you ignoring those errors?

I tried to use this example (xBee transmit and recieve (flow) - Node-RED), but I can't send a message through it, not to mention sensor data (i please for help here, but nothing). Also this example only uses a transmit/ receive type of connection and the riot project says it uses a mesh network (i hope).

In NR i have this

Welcome to Node-RED
===================
12 Jul 15:02:09 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.3.5
12 Jul 15:02:09 - [info] Node.js  version: v12.18.4
12 Jul 15:02:09 - [info] Linux 5.4.51-v7l+ arm LE
12 Jul 15:02:09 - [info] Loading palette nodes
12 Jul 15:02:27 - [info] Dashboard up and running
12 Jul 15:02:32 - [info] Dashboard version 2.20.0 started at /ui
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-usb/adkinit] SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token (line:59)
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [warn] [node-red-qnap-blockly/blockly] Type already registered
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [warn] [riot-xbee/riot-xbee] Error: Cannot find module '/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/riot-xbee/riot-xbee.js'
Require stack:
- /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/registry/lib/loader.js
- /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/registry/lib/index.js
- /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/index.js
- /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/index.js
- /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/lib/red.js
- /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/red.js
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [warn] ------------------------------------------------------
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [info] Settings file  : /home/pi/.node-red/settings.js
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [info] Context store  : 'default' [module=memory]
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [info] User directory : /home/pi/.node-red
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [info] Flows file     : /home/pi/.node-red/flows_raspberrypi.json
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [warn]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Your flow credentials file is encrypted using a system-generated key.
If the system-generated key is lost for any reason, your credentials
file will not be recoverable, you will have to delete it and re-enter
your credentials.
You should set your own key using the 'credentialSecret' option in
your settings file. Node-RED will then re-encrypt your credentials
file using your chosen key the next time you deploy a change.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [info] Starting flows
12 Jul 15:02:33 - [info] Started flows

So there is still an error with the riot nodes.

I have tried looking at their source code on github, but the code there is for version 0.0.1 - but the latest published version is 0.0.6.

To be frank - we cannot keep spending our time on this. The Riot nodes have not been updated for years. They are broken. We have done what we can get past the generic install issues, but clearly the issues run deep here.

I strongly suggest you stop trying to make the riot nodes work.

As Steve has suggested, there are other xbee nodes available. You may have more luck with them.

I tried to use this example (xBee transmit and recieve (flow) - Node-RED), but I can't send a message through it, not to mention sensor data (i please for help here, but nothing).

That example flow appears to be using node-red-contrib-xbee (node) - Node-RED

It has nothing to do with the riot-xbee module.

I don't know what else to say. Have you got node-red-contrib-xbee installed?

Yes, i install anything for this flow. i have topic in this forum for this flow with pics.

There is an example towards the bottom of the readme

I imagine you need to set id, destination64 and destination16 to something that matches your setup.

As we have said, we dont use xbee and your other threads got no answers - the only thing we can suggest is raise a new issue asking the author for assistance.

I fulfilled every requirement. I send several questions, but no help.

You did not raise an issue on the github repo.

Yes, i'm. It is in ''closed'' section