The Forum Top Ten!

Whilst I enjoyed some late summer UK sunshine this evening, I entered a search criteria in the forum to identify which posts received the most appreciation from other forum members.
This contains data from all of the 415,000 forum posts that the been made since the Discourse forum started. So well done to all those have created such interesting discussions :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi Paul,

First of all I am very glad to see that you have too much free time :rofl:

Secondly my congratulations to @hotNipi, who seems to be a role model on this forum for geeks and weirdos :yum:

2 Likes

Interesting, but I'm not sure your stats are accurate I'm afraid. Am I missing something?

OK, I am certainly missing something. From that top entry:

I'm not sure therefore what the 76 relates to.

The stats are presented by a Mod!

It's a Fix! :wink:

In all honesty, getting 1 like... I'm Syked, if I get appreciated by 1 person, I know that my suggestion, opinion, thought is of value for a random person who I have never met.

(It's more then I get from Mrs Davies :unamused:)

But seriously, I'm here for the community and discussion - nothing more.

Disclaimer: This is not to get more likes :wink:

4 Likes

You are counting the total number of likes in a particular topic thread.
I'm counting the number of likes given to a individual post :smiley:

To obtain the stats, click the search magnifying glass top right, and enter in: likes order:likes

Heh :upside_down_face:

But anyway - take statistics seriously and pay attention on last two. Specially the order of those. :wink:

1 Like

Tough, you are getting one anyway! :grin:

Darn it, I'm not in the top-10!!! :frowning: Not that I'm competitive or anything. :trophy: :cry:

1 Like

Fine!

There you go Julian - back at you :joy:

@Paul-Reed - you know what you started here right? :joy:

I was a good person once upon a time

2 Likes

Don't disturb me for a few hours - I'll be creating 100 virtual forum users so I can like all my own posts!! :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

In fact, there is problem somewhere...
If you run the filter -

...and then look at the entry with 21 likes -
Node-RED-Dashboard (v1) - Deprecation Notice

scroll down to post 3 (by me) and I got 22 likes, which isn't listed...???

Has @hotNipi stolen my 22 likes position?

1 Like

Be sure to check their automated ways... Mod! :nerd_face:

Interesting...

I sometimes get confused with ordering in Discourse, ill admit.

But for info: I'm giving away..

• 3 x RPi5 (8G)
  • 5 x zigbee RGB Strips (with zigbee stick)
  • 7 x Solar Panels
  • 6 x Amp Meters
  • 1 x EV (with Wifi API)

All you got to do is like this Post

(Joke - I'm not)

1 Like

"Pfffff. Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true"

Homer Simpson

Facts schmacts

1 Like

Well I'm not going to question the list :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe the number of likes isn't the best, or any measure of how well the forum is supported by it's community members.

Some members such as @Colin @E1cid @TotallyInformation @BartButenaers as well as many others, including flowfuse staff, are in the forum most every day, contributing, problem solving, and making the forum a better place.

3 Likes

And giving away lots of tech.

Like this post to learn more!

But yes - I agree.

This is not BS - I spend more time here, then I do any other community, and its due to it's vibrancy of all its members!

We are family, I got all my si... sorry got carried away (have had too much tonight) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Everyone who comes here and shares what they can are number one. I come here and return daily, as to me this place is a beacon of light, and a model of what giving can achieve. Well done all of you.

7 Likes